Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Only if you like Harry P

"The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well."

I've just finished reading the final installment to the Harry Potter series- and I'm getting the post-book-syndrome.

You know, the feeling you get after you've journeyed through hundreds of pages and thousands of words and you finally reach the end?

After 7 great greaaaattttt books. It's ended. Just like that. It's surreal. Ok, I'm trying not to get emotional here.

When I read the last page, I turned it over twice to make sure that it was really the last page. And it really was!!!

You can't help but feel a little sad. I'm gonna miss good ol' Harry. Sigh.

Now, now you Holy-Harry-Haters out there. Don't curse me just yet. As much as I am an avid fan of JK Rowling's fantastic masterpiece, I do not by all means condone witchcraft. In fact I think some of the curses and symbolism of things are quite screwed up. But hate the idea, not the work!

Right...

Interestingly, 1 of the things I've noted in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is that it is definitely not reading material for children. Book7 is a far cry from Rowling's very first book.

I was taken aback when Mrs Weasley yelled at Bellatrix Lestrange "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!"...and it was exactly like this, in caps! The book had alot of blood and gore. And even some parts about making out. EEEEEKKK!!

Maybe the plot's become more complex and hence the need to include non-children material?

Or just maybe she's succumbed to the fact that most of her readers aren't children anyway? That's quite disappointing to know, since she first set out writing Harry Potter as a children's book series.

But it's ok. Doesn't affect me because I'm adult. HAH!

If you haven't read it, u simply must! Don't bother watching the movies. Never does the book justice. There's nothing like flipping the pages and watching the scenes unfold in your minds eye.


Well, I'm off to bed for now. I've been coughing incessantly. And I've also discovered that cough mixture is indeed addictive and it helps me sleep snugly. I like. yummmm...

Toodles (gosh, toodles? I never say toodles. yuck)




#

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home