Monday, November 26, 2007

Lisa has Coxsackie A virus


The Doctor slid his glasses down to the tip of his nose, and scanned my palms closely.

I almost thought he was palm reading me! I waited silently for the verdict, the seconds seem to creep by ever so slowly.

And then, still looking at my palms he said "Hmmm...Yes. You definitely have handfoot and mouth disease. Ah, but so what?"


It was like music to my ears. Coxsackie A virus is perfect for me. Not serious enough to kill me or cause me intense pain, but serious enough for me to get a 2day MC!

I like it.

You must know that it's rather unusual for an adult especially one as healthy as me, to contract a baby's disease! But, never say never. HFMD is highly contagious and usually spreads among babies and pre-schoolers. But if lucky, adults can get it too!

Before this, I had never been exposed to HFMD. But since I work in a Daycare, outbreaks like these are bound to happen.


It started with one baby. Unknown to us, it quickly spread to other babies and toddlers. It was like the plague!

I clearly remember saying to myself "Ah, adults can't get it" and then I went over to Annette who was quarantined (poor baby) and I gave her a few wet kisses to make her feel better.

2Days later I had to stay in bed the whole day because of a high fever.

It was painful for me to swallow. Itchy/painful blisters were forming on my palms and on my tongue. And if you came to near me, you might get it. So now I have to bum around at home. Sigh. It's tragic...

But really, it's not so bad. Think about the perks. Remember, I'm highly contagious. So call me, if you're feeling generous. A free meal is always hard to resist *wink*



^

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a coincidence... i was doing my daddy's billing and saw your name... you went on 27th november right?

hope you're all fine and dandy now :)

-the older daughter of bespectacled doctor

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger lisathetan said...

YES dear!

hahahaha...you do your daddy's billing? What a good girl!

*pats head*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home