Saturday, April 21, 2007

My number is 88

Obediently, I was glued to my seat, butterflies did tiny swirls in my tummy. I was unsually prim and proper; black robe, mortar board and all. Diplomates were up next, I was number 88.

Vice Chancellor was presenting his speech, it was amusing how this English man pronounced Dato' as Dah-Took. I allowed his voice to trail off into oblivion as I took in the reality of it all...

I'm here! Did I really make it? It's still surreal...

I scanned the room- many were Dips, some Associates, some Licentiates and there were the 5 Fellowhips graduates- they are the Music demi-gods. There was a 9year old boy who was graduating with a Licentiate in Music!

I paled in comparison to these people, I only had a measly Dip. But I was reminded of how even that did not come without a price. Hours of gruelling practice, determination & faith was crucial- what more them? Don't play ok, they will kick your ass- they are dangerous people. They can tell what key you are speaking in also...


My piano teacher, my inspiration and friend- Auntie Jackie.

Her patience, tolerence & Godliness never fails to amaze me. She's one of those people you find difficult to forget. Forever ready to teach and encourage. Especially during the dark & storm, when I was trembling in fear of the dreaded exam-she spurred me on, she prayed for me.

She's a damn good bullsh***er. Even if your playing is cringe-worthy, she'll tell you good try!

She's those type. I owe her one.



Of course, what would I be without the The Father & The Mother....

Phew, I'm so relieved. And it is finished.


_

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Lukas said...

conGRATS!

gosh. i didnt even pass my grade 8 :p

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger lisathetan said...

well, I did't go to Cambridge...

thanks! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home