Thursday, March 08, 2007

Go ahead, Pick my brain.

I had tea with Jen that day. And then she asked me what my life's dream is.

I took 2 seconds to think, and not-to-my-surprise realized that I didnt have one.

I don't have dreams of earning my first million by 30, or to sky-dive one day, or to have ten kids and a small ass, or to shake Oprah's hand.

I'm not a dreamer. Well, hardly.

For some reason- I don't possess the ability to think long term. Maybe I'm too much of a skeptic? I'm losing out? Am I?

"Everyone needs to have a dream!" Jen quipped.

In return, I asked her what her dream was. Without a moment's hesitation, she told me "When I die, I want to be remembered as someone the broken, rejected, and hopeless can turn to. I want to be remembered as someone who carried out my Father's will".

As cliche as it may sound, if you know Jen, you'll know the difference between lip service and actually walking the talk. Her life is a picture of devotion to God. It's not cliche when you can see the fruits.

*


will I be so bold as to put this up?...


Talking to Jen helped me realize that I want that to be my dream also! Like Oswald Chambers who called himself 'abandoned to God', I want to be totally and wholly abandoned to my Father. It will be a long hard road, and I am far from perfection.

Call me idealistic, but at least I have a dream to work on. Thanks Jen...



Acts 20 : 24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.





*

2 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lisa. =)

glad to see something of substance posted up here once in awhile... heheh

good stuff. =)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger lisathetan said...

something of substance ? hahaha...er-I'm glad I brightened up your day.

Not to justify myself, but this is an easy-reading blog...hahahaa. Yes, I am a sour grape =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home