Sunday, December 21, 2008

The First Christmas present

I came home that day and found a package on my bed.
It was a gift from my aunt.
My first Christmas gift!

Ohhh boy ooohh boyyy...
I luuurrrrvvveee presents.

Like a hungry beast, I ripped it open and emptied the contents on my bed.

And to my utter horror...
Was the most gaudy Leopard print top, with swirly motives & gold dust all over it.
It was very very...Agogo indeed.

And I'm too conservative to be caught dead wearing such an offensive thing.

The whole present-ripping-rush was over in a moment.
Quickly, I shoved it into a bag & handed it to Ma.

"Nah, give you. Don't want"
My mother has always tried to be optimistic & encouraging.
Especially when it came to things like horribly ugly clothes.

She said ; "Aiyoh. Nice what. I think you should keep it. You never know, 30yrs time this might be the fashion. Fashion is like that wan, it will always come-back"....

Right.

And guess who was in my house this morn when I woke up?
The Leopard Print Aunt! Grawwwwll!

I tip toe-ed out of my room hoping she wouldn't notice me.
But she did!
And like all Hokkien women, she yelled "Eh Liza! You like the baju I gave you anot?"

Shite.
I made a sleepy muka bodoh and said "Huh? Oh yah. Like"

Then made a mad dash for the toilet before she could ask me to put it on for her or something crazy like that.

Sigh.
Christmas & Family obligations.
I think relatives should stick to giving us money.

So. Merry merry Christmas!


+

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yea. truly! cash is lot better thn presents xP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home