Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My 1991 hair-do is back!

So today I got stuck in the rain near Central Market ; when I spotted a banner that said 'Dry Cut RM15'

I thought what the heck, let's be spontaneous!

You know...
It's one of those impulse moments.
Where your legs carry you against your will type of thing.
Uh huh.

I walk into 'CoCo Hair Saloon'.
And this huge bapok greets me.
Think ; Triple-H in a mini skirt with extra long eyelashes.

Very dodgy indeed.
I wanted to bolt.
But I was quite sure he would choke-slam me or something.
So I obediently sank into a chair.

Next to me, a man with dark eyeliner was singing along to Mariah Carey's 'One Sweet Day'. He was having his hair dyed.

Oh gosh, I really am in Bapok-Ville.

A stocky chinese dude with rippling muskels came over & asked what I wanted.
I told him I just wanted a trim please.

He grunted and strapped the raincoat thingy on me.
I almost chocked to death from the velcro fastener.
Crazy nut.
I think he was trying to kill all the REAL WOMEN in the room!!


The bapoks were watched intently as MuskelPimp snipped away.
Silently, I plead with God to make everything ok.

When he was done, I looked up.
And I saw myself - at five years old.




This is what you get for RM15.
You get to look five again.

I honestly don't know how society will take this because I have not met anyone since, except my mom- who refused to comment.

Search no more, CoCo Hair Saloon is THE Fountain of Youth.



* Disclaimer : The writer is not Bapok-phobic. Just a little apprehensive. Give me time, I come from a conservative background.

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@.@ TENG!!!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger lisathetan said...

HA? what is teng?

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA, you were rather cute at five
now...........ahem

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Hare Chandran Jr said...

wahaha... mangkuk-hair..
no offence ...><

 

Post a Comment

<< Home