Thursday, August 07, 2008

My Grand Finale

I arrive at work.
Park at my usual spot.
I fish out the office keys & press button 1 on the auto gate control.

Nothing. The gate is still as ever.
I press it again.
And again.
Great. Dead batteries. Of all days.

I try to pry open the gate. Push, pull, kick.
Nothing.

This feels like Tuesday all over again.
I had locked myself out of my car.
It was not pleasant.
Why am I constantly being locked out?

I muck around and wonder what to do.
I really need to use the loo. Really need to go.

Enough Mr Nice Guy.
I'm climbing.

I suddenly remember this Parkour video I watched over Youtube.
Looks simple enough.

Except.
Im wearing a skirt. Of all days!
Not good. Whole world can see Kopitiam.

A few cars pass by.
I wait for the right moment.
Trying not to look too conspicuous.

I slide off my shoes.
Hoist myself up on the ledge.
Did something acrobatic.

In 2 seconds I'm on the other side.
Yahoo!

What a perfect way to start my Last Day on the Job
There's nothing like a little exercise in the morning
=)



p.s : I'm blessed to have had this 4weeks of opportunity... Not a bed of roses, but I've come away a little wiser, a little more confident, a little more sure, a little more in love with the Creator. And isn't that the whole point?

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home