Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Parasailing in Penang



Kudos to me for doing another spontaneous thing...This is so not me. But I like it. I like not being me.

The breeze was strong, the sand was damp-ish. The clouds were grey.
But I was tempted.
However.

I wasn't sure of their safety procedures. What are the risks involved? Do I have to sign any documents that might exclude liability? Are their equipments up to standard? Is there a backup parachute in case this one fails? bla bla bla.

For RM50, obviously not. They strap you up. And mumble some instructions. "Hold this, pull this"- briefing did not even take 2minutes.

The whole time I was thinking, that's it? Before I could even think further, I was being dragged into mid-air unwarned. As I was lifted up into the atmosphere, my heart raced and I thought "OH GOD, what am I doing??!"

But then I was hit with the most amazing feeling. When I looked down, I saw the endless ocean and my feet dangling above it. When I looked ahead, I saw the most breathtaking sight- it was almost sunset! I felt weightless, and careless. I closed my eyes and thanked the Lord for the marvelous works of his hand.

It all ended too soon, with a very unglamourous, unbecoming landing.

But who cares? At least Im cool now- I went Parasailing ah!




+

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Steph Ting said...

Ahhhh!! Coolness! U went parasailing! And u cropped ur beautiful long hair! Its a nice bob tho... Bobs are in now in Nz.. come visit! ;)

Love ya,
Steph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home