Sunday, March 09, 2008

the sweet smell of Victory.

It's my first time.
A Malay lady is checking for my name.
She hums the BN theme song.
I semi-roll my eyes.
She smiles, and passes me a slip : Room 6.

I make my way up the stairs.
There's 3 other people in line.

I try to keep a straight face.
But inside, my heart is pounding.

I wait a little while.
It's my turn now.
My name is read, I am identified.

Two Orange Slips.
I go behind the white box.

There's a simple blue pencil.
I think, simple...
But full of power, this pencil decides the fate of our govt.
I pick it up, it's slightly blunt.

Here we go.
'X' in all the right places.

I double, triple check.
Just to be sure.


I whisper
"Lord, let my vote count. Let it not be null & void
Let Your will be done..."

I fold the ballots.
And drop them in their respective boxes.

A smile & a nod
And I stride out.

Never been so satisfied.
Never done anything so right.

And today, I smile
Because Victory is the Lords.


Psalms 89:14
" Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
love and faithfulness go before you."



`

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lukas said...

i'm jealous that you got to vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home