Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Heat is On

The only thing on everyone's lips is, yes- you've guessed it...
The General Elections.
Be it pro-BN or not, no conversation has gone without a mention of the upcoming event.

3 more days left.
I'm rather excited since I'll be scratching in my very first 'X' at the polling booth come saturday.

It's not going to be very hard for me to decide on who to vote, since all sorts of outrageous & appalling events have taken place in this dear country of ours.

One of the first few things I did after turning twenty one was to march right into the post office and register as a voter.
And I'm so glad I did it early, in time to make it for this year's elections.

However, I have a large number of friends who find it pointless & a waste of time to vote. They've refused to participate ; not this time round and probably not ever.

And then I'll curtly say something about how we should be responsible citizens & speak up with our votes, and try to convert them. But, I guess there's only so much you can & should say.

You know how talking about politics always ends up in an awkward, heated debate.
I'd rather stay clear of that.

It's tragic tho.
But the votes must go on!

I've noticed that one of the most frequently used lines is probably 'Vote Wisely'.
You hear it in churches, in conversations, in forums, in forwarded emails...

Everyone's been telling each other to 'Vote Wisely'.
Which, I'm quite sure translates to 'Vote Opposition'

So don't 'Vote for Malaysia'.
Instead, 'Vote Wisely'



=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home